Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

Can I once again suggest that you use a Live Distro that has a full
Gnome3 desktop to see how *your* machine performs in that environment.
As we've been told, Gnome doesn't work very well and is horribly slow
on *every* computer, but it would be a good test to see what the
performance is like when Evolution is working in it's designed
environment.  Probably the best one would be FedoraLive.
I'd like to test this as well. Where can I find an ISO with the most
current Evolution in it ?

I think the closest you will get is 3.18 in Fedora23 Live. However
Fedora24 is in beta at the moment and that contains Gnome 3.20 - you
can get it at https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/prerelease/ But I am
duty bound to remind you it is a prerelease beta - although Fedora
betas are usually fairly stable. It's a 1.5Gb iso.

There may be other distros that have 3.20 in them - I've seen 3.20 as
the version from people running Ubuntu 16.04 (but that may not be the
standard version).

P.