Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

On Do, 2016-05-26 at 13:47 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

It isn't like subscribing/unsubscribing is some herculean task.  IMO it
is a courtesy, a grant of respect, to subscribe.

If I see a message on a list saying please-reply-directly-I-cannot-be
-bothered-to-subscribe I ignore the message.  It is disrepectful, it is
saying please-go-out-of-your-way-to-help-me-for-free.  The value of a
list is its role as both an archival device and a community;  speaking
as a sys-admin good list archives are of inestimable value.
 Contributing to the archive is one incentive to reply to [for free]
other people's issues.

+1

I will sometimes reply to the "please help me but I can't be bothered
to read all the rest of the stuff on here and learn things" brigade,

If evolution isn't able to find the mail account, I'm not really
interested in the color of text or sth. like that, having other problems
in that moment.

At least I presume there are some people who do still search
archives - there's sometimes not much evidence of it.

If the documentation of this software was good enough, there would be no
or much less need for a technical maling list discussing human feelings.

I'm stopping now, no time for flame wars.

Have fun,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M Santhoff t-online de>