Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

The only way to do that is to restrict posting to list subscribers.
Currently that's not the policy. Non-subscribers are sent to
moderation
and normally approved unless they are spam.
That's the way it actually is. A short while ago I wanted to post 1
(in words one) question to this list and got a mail back saying I
*have* to subscribe to ask anything. I didn't keep it, dunno if that
was moderation - if so, what for? - or some kind of mail processor.
I didn't want to subscribe, but the question was too important.

Sure, that require-subscription is my preferred mechanism.

It isn't like subscribing/unsubscribing is some herculean task.  IMO it
is a courtesy, a grant of respect, to subscribe.

If I see a message on a list saying please-reply-directly-I-cannot-be
-bothered-to-subscribe I ignore the message.  It is disrepectful, it is
saying please-go-out-of-your-way-to-help-me-for-free.  The value of a
list is its role as both an archival device and a community;  speaking
as a sys-admin good list archives are of inestimable value.
 Contributing to the archive is one incentive to reply to [for free]
other people's issues.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>