Re: [Evolution] How can I limit the amount of cache evolution is using?

On Fri, 2016-03-04 at 08:21 +0000, Fabrice Triboix wrote:
Got it! It was the "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this
server" setting. I unticked it, closed evolution, deleted the
"~/.cache/evolution/mail/XYZ/folders/" directory and restarted
evolution. Now it does not download messages any more.

I would suggest this setting to be turned off by default upon creation
of a new email account.

No, that shouldn't be the default because people who create filters
will wonder why they aren't being applied.

The mere act of applying filters will not cause the message to be
downloaded unless the filter rules need the message body, so you need
to look to see what filters you have configured.  The filter rules can
be found in Edit -> Message filters.  Is there anything there?

P.