Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

su. den 07. 02. 2016 klokka 13.31 (+0000) skreiv Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 14:12 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
My key is set to the SHA value of 256. Should also choose that
value
under 'security' below my key ID too? This is my last question.

The key ID is the 8-character value that appears when you run "gpg
--
list-keys", or run seahorse. See https://help.gnome.org/users/evolu
tion

poc

OK, great! Thanks a lot! So I leave the 'signing algorithm (SHA1 to
SHA512)' "blank" then, right? ONLY my ID? ('Cause I was wondering if
the
value should be set as the same as my key's SHA-value.)

Set it to whatever you like. In fact I don't even fill in the key ID
field. I suspect it's only there for people who may have an ID
different from the account they're sending from, which is probably
quite unusual.

poc

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help! Everything seems to work
out just fine now, so I just leave it the way it is. I can encrypt, and
letters are sign, so I've got what I hoped for. An Evolution that is
working in my Trisquel OS.

Thanks to everyone that felt like getting an amateur setting up this
wonderful tool!

SRW