Re: [Evolution] IMAP+ does not register that mail has been marked read?

On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 09:34 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
Depends on which setting you are talking about.. But I have enabled
check mail in all folders and that is working as it should.

        Hi,
okay, those are for the automatic check, where I agree they should work
as expected.

The problem is when I read the email from another MUA, then Evolution
still shows that the folders have unread emails until I enter the
folders...

There are some issues when running multiple clients against the same
server simultaneously, definitely with the \Recent flag on the message
(there is no guarantee which client will receive it), but as the IMAPx
doesn't use that flag it's not that important.

The only option you might get notified "online" about the change is
either by using the IDLE or NOTIFY commands, if the server supports
them. The problem with IDLE is that it works only for the currently
selected folder (not necessarily selected in the Evolution UI), where
the IMAPx prefers to IDLE in the Inbox, because its the place where the
messages are usually incoming. Running IDLE in other folders, from
other connections, is not guaranteed.

You can run the evolution from a terminal as:
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution
and wait for the IDLE being shown there, then change the message from
the other client and watch whether the change had been received by the
evolution. If the IDLE is run on a different folder, then it'll not be
shown for sure.

There were bug reports about the flag change being received, but the
evolution UI not being updated, but I wasn't able to reproduce it
myself. I made some related changes in the code regardless, those are
part of the 3.20.1 of the evolution-data-server.
        Bye,
        Milan