Re: [Evolution] IMAP+ does not register that mail has been marked read?

On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 10:09 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
I have a folder now that Evolution tells me has 19 unread mails. But
this folder was marked read severeal hours ago and both Claws Mail
and my webmail
sees the mails as read but Evolution still tells me I have 19 unread
mails in that folder, why?
I have tried restarting Evolution also but no change..

I am running Arch with Evolution 3.20.1

        Hi,
it looks like the local cache has stored that the messages are unread,
despite the server flags being different. There's usually enough to
move away from the folder (which ensures the local changes are written
to the disk, even your version does that automatically, ~3 seconds
later of the change), then select the folder again, which reads the
folder flags.

If you have enabled Quick Resync in the account preferences, then it
can be the cause. I was never able to reproduce the bug reliably (some
servers do not suffer of this), which is the reason why these bugs are
still opened:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=676506%2C728168%2C729992

Make sure you close & run the evolution after the change in the
preferences, to ensure they are properly taken into the effect.
        Bye,
        Milan