Re: [Evolution] Mailing list filters

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:49:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
Will the mailman ignore/bitbucket those messages that the source
address is not subscribed?

I believe they are held for moderation.

For some mailman lists they are held for moderation, for other lists
they are rejected [3].

Some lists send a mail [1] with a link for confirmation [2], if a mail
is held for moderation. This link enables to chose. The OP then could
decide to cancel the mail or to await moderation. This Evolution list
held those mails for moderation, but doesn't send a mail with a
confirmation link. If we randomly sent using a wrong account and then
resend the mail using the correct account, we unintended sent a
duplicated mail. I wasn't aware of this issue, until a moderator blamed
me for sending a duplicated mail.

[1]
"Your mail to 'ubuntu-studio-users' with the subject

    test

The reason it is being held:

    Post by non-member to a members-only list

notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/confirm/ubuntu-studio-users/...";

[2]
"Cancel held message posting
Your confirmation is required in order to cancel the posting of your
message to the mailing list ubuntu-studio-users: