Re: [Evolution] Google Contacts stopped working 3.10.4

I am assuming (maybe incorrectly?) that by GOA you mean Gnome Online
Accounts - which appears on my Ubuntu desktop as a globe with some keys
in front of it? WHen I start that program I am prompted to select my
primary contacts account and given a choice of either LOCAL ADDRESS BOOK
or ONLINE ACCOUNTS.

Don't know anything about Ubuntu, except that they sometimes do some
strange things.  I would suspect that what is labelled as "online
accounts" depends on which desktop you are running.  The safest thing
is to run 'gnome-control-center' from a command line to get direct
access to the Gnome Online Account configuration applet.

Clicking on "online account " does nothing whatsoever...

Once you have configured your Google GOA, and turned on "Contacts" in
the GOA configuration, you will see the account listed in the Contacts
section of Evolution clicking on "contacts" under that should show
everything.

What exactly do you mean by "Configured Google GOA?"

I mean that you have configured Gnome Online Accounts to have access to
your Google account.

I think I've followed your suggestion but I am still getting the error
message 'This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that an
incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.'

Remove your Google account completely from Evolution addressbook
section - it's not going to work and it will avoid confusion.  In fact
once you get your GOA setup working you can remove Google from mail as
well as the configuration for that will be handled externally to
Evolution.

P.