Re: [Evolution] Google Contacts stopped working 3.10.4

On Thu, 2015-06-25 at 15:43 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Please don't top post.

I don't normally but that reply was from my phone. I'm juggling a number
of things at the moment including an ill mother, moving house and and an
airport losing my luggage so please forgive the lack of fomratting, it's
next to impossible on a phone.

I'm not having any luck with GOA (showing as 'contacts'). When I
start it up it offers two choices - "online account" or "local
address book "

What do you mean by "it" that you start up?  Neither of those two
choices are present in Evolution as far as I can see.

I am assuming (maybe incorrectly?) that by GOA you mean Gnome Online
Accounts - which appears on my Ubuntu desktop as a globe with some keys
in front of it? WHen I start that program I am prompted to select my
primary contacts account and given a choice of either LOCAL ADDRESS BOOK
or ONLINE ACCOUNTS.

Clicking on "online account " does nothing whatsoever...

Once you have configured your Google GOA, and turned on "Contacts" in
the GOA configuration, you will see the account listed in the Contacts
section of Evolution clicking on "contacts" under that should show
everything.

What exactly do you mean by "Configured Google GOA?"

I think I've followed your suggestion but I am still getting the error
message 'This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that an
incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.'

Probably worth pointing out I'm fairly new to Ubuntu and am trying to
get to grips with it to the point where I can ditch windows.

Regards
Jon