Re: [Evolution] Properly archiving Evolution data

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 16:05 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
Hello Andre:
I have several hundred folders and subfolders in my InBox.  Just A to
D takes
more than 100.  Just sorting the e-mail from clients and vendors once
read is a
task.  Same for sorting the Sent messages folder.  I could remove
probably half
of these from current use of I could archive each folder separately.
It is not a matter of fixed disk space.  I run 480 GB SSDs in each of
my PCs,
with roughly one-half of each SSD set for Ubuntu and the other half
for
Windows.  Have software installed so I can read and write across the
Windows
and Ubuntu partitions.

[Please don't top-post on the list]

I guess you could create a Search folder matching the messages you want
to archive then save them all in an mbox file and delete them. However
it's worth pointing out that Evolution is first and foremost an IMAP
client where the user keeps the bulk of his mail on a server. Issues of
local backup and archiving are not a priority.

poc