[Evolution] Properly archiving Evolution data

Hey all,

Topic kinda says it...I'd like to try and archive my data, but not do a full backup.  Right now I'm focused on emails and sent items.  My hope is to archive off say....all emails and sent items of 2013 into a file or directory, and then be easily easy to open (not import) an email if I'd like to reference it.  Is there anything like that available, or a method to do that with Evolution?  Thank you.

James