From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: Evolution <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Properly archiving Evolution data
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:21:51 +0200

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 06:07 -0600, James Lay wrote:
Topic kinda says it...I'd like to try and archive my data, but not do a full backup. Right now I'm focused on emails and sent items. My hope is to archive off say....all emails and sent items of 2013 into a file or directory, and then be easily easy to open (not import) an email if I'd like to reference it. Is there anything like that available, or a method to do that with Evolution? Thank you.
Could you explain *why* you would like to do that / which underlying problem you would like to solve, and what is the difference between your interpretation of the words "open" and "import"? Also, which mail account type is this about? Which Evolution version? andre