Re: [Evolution] Properly archiving Evolution data

Hi,

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 11:00 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
This is a very good question.  I would like to be able to archive
certain folders (for example, those from inactive clients), but be to
bring them back quickly should I need them.  I had that situation
occur recently, and what saved me was that I still had the Outlook
Express database intact on the Windows side of my laptop and also
archived on the remote backup service I use for my Windows partitions
on my PCs.  Right now a full evolution (3.16.0) is almost 6 GB.

So the request to "archive" some data is driven by limited disk space
and implies that the archive is located on some separate file system?

(Still trying to understand which actual underlying problem people
would like to solve by "archiving" data in an application.)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/