From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Properly archiving Evolution data
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:55:47 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 11:00 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
This is a very good question. I would like to be able to archive certain folders (for example, those from inactive clients), but be to bring them back quickly should I need them. I had that situation occur recently, and what saved me was that I still had the Outlook Express database intact on the Windows side of my laptop and also archived on the remote backup service I use for my Windows partitions on my PCs. Right now a full evolution (3.16.0) is almost 6 GB.
So the request to "archive" some data is driven by limited disk space and implies that the archive is located on some separate file system? (Still trying to understand which actual underlying problem people would like to solve by "archiving" data in an application.) andre