Re: [Evolution] Is there to get an unread mail indicator next to each account name?

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 22:55 -0700, Nybbles 2 Bytes wrote:
For the sake of comparison since you said, "OK, I use several
clients,
and none do this.", in recent times I use 5 email clients and how
they work pertaining to this is as follows (let's get down to real
details
rather than being vague that we use a lot of them):
ThunderBird - Migrating over to this opensource alternative to
TheBat!
Not nearly as slick but very well known and used and yes it does show

unread message count when all you can see is the account name.

Ah, yes, TB may show you an alert/number.  However, it is innacurate.
 This has been 'broken' in TB forever.

kmail - For my Android phone. Yes it does show unread message
countwhen
all you can see is the account name. I do believe this is reasonably
well known when it comes to cell phones but can't say for sure.

K-9 for Android does this as well; but it is inaccurate, or at least
incomplete.  It only checks some folders.  Mostly it just reflects the
INBOX.

Outlook 2013 - Not next to the account name but in a summary on the
right instead. Probably not the best of designs since that only works
for the account you are on however at least they tried and recognize
the need in some fashion.

Also does no include all-folders.

Personally it seems showing the unread count from the INBOX next to the
account seems pretty reasonable to me;  I feel the all-folders aspect
is unreasonable.

What I have done in the past is to simply create a virtual-INBOX of the
folders I care to monitor.  That worked well.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383