Re: [Evolution] Is there to get an unread mail indicator next to each account name?

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 23:03 -0700, Nybbles 2 Bytes wrote:
get but no programmer of any significant ability would write it that
way. It would be written something like: When the read status in a
folder changes, change the count variable for that folder.

"when the read status in a folder changes" - there is no such thing.
 You know because you poll.

IDLE is a per-folder operation, so you would need to IDLE on every
folder.  That does not scale well.

At least this is what I believe, unless something has been added to
IMAP at some point [which would be nice, but I am unaware of it].

be some time to initially set all the counts but that's a one time
thing and unless you have 100's of 1000's of folders and emails,
very unlikely o be all that noticeable.

Having 100s of folders and thousands of messages would be the normal
situation in a modern mail account.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383