Re: [Evolution] Is there to get an unread mail indicator next to each account name?

For the sake of comparison since you said, "OK, I use several clients, and none do this.", in recent times I use 5 email clients and how they work pertaining to this is as follows (let's get down to real details rather than being vague that we use a lot of them):

TheBat! - Not so well known but feature rich and solidly built (Windows). Does show unread message count when all you can see is the account name.

ThunderBird - Migrating over to this opensource alternative to TheBat! Not nearly as slick but very well known and used and yes it does show unread message count when all you can see is the account name.

kmail - For my Android phone. Yes it does show unread message count when all you can see is the account name. I do believe this is reasonably well known when it comes to cell phones but can't say for sure.

Outlook 2013 - Not next to the account name but in a summary on the right instead. Probably not the best of designs since that only works for the account you are on however at least they tried and recognize the need in some fashion.

Evolution. No it doesn't.

I believe that Outlook & Thuderbird are by far the main ones known and used out there however I personally only use Outlook to help determine settings for Evolution when I have to do something with the corporate world (not saying more as it gets off topic). In any case, all do show an indicator except Evolution and Outlook and even Outlook has a stab at showing the unread message count - just not very intelligently done when you get into larger numbers of email accounts - for one or two how they do it is pretty good. I cannot say even that for Evolution.