Re: [Evolution] Expand/collapse folder view broken - SOLVED

PS.: It still annoys me, that I didn't find any clue what was going on.
Neither an error message from evolution that it didn't get a requested
icon

Errm, but it did - it may be a bit cryptic, but the first error message
you gave in your first message was the clue:

        I cannot expand collapse my email-folders anymore. During startup (from
        the terminal) I get some messages:

        ** (evolution:2472): CRITICAL **: categories_icon_theme_hack: assertion
        'filename != NULL && *filename != '\0'' failed

That indicates there's a critical problem with the icon theme. That's
why I suggested changing your icon theme.  You don't get the "missing
icon" icon in the folder list because there's just not enough space to
display it.

P.