Re: [Evolution] Errors receiving mail via POP

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 04:34 -0600, Bart wrote:
On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 10:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
<snip>
I suspect that 90% of the problems reported are with IMAP because
90%
of people use IMAP.

I'm not so sure.  Most of the people I know use web mail.  They do
everything through their browser.  Is that IMAP?  I want no part of
that!

I think Pete was talking about the problems reported on this list.
People using webmail systems are not talking about them here because it
wouldn't be appropriate (for the record, I also use Gmail for a lot of
casual mailing, but it's not good at managing mailing lists).

[...]

Why, why, why is everyone so intent on making me, and others like me,
change a system we are perfectly happy with, to one you think is
"Better"?

We aren't. No-one is proposing to remove POP support from Evo. The
question is how much effort the devels should put into it at the expense
of other things such as fixing IMAP problems.

poc