Re: [Evolution] IMAP Namespace in 3.10.4

On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 11:09 -0600, Sajan Parikh wrote:
On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 16:56 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing that in Evolution. The namespace is normally
defined at the server end. Why do you want to override it?

poc

My Sent, Junk, Trash folders are all being shown as a subfolder of
Inbox.  In Thunderbird, I was able to set a IMAP Path prefix to INBOX
and everything became a top level folder as expected.

The original IMAP spec works this way by default. Most IMAP server
implementations such as Cyrus allow the server admin to change it to use
a so-called "rootless" configuration, i.e. with the top folders at the
same level as Inbox. That of course applies uniformly to all users. As I
said, I can't recall Evo ever having an option to change that on a
per-user basis. It may have had such an option a long time ago but AFAIK
not recently.

Here is a message on the Ubuntu mailing list referencing the same issue
and option.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2004-October/008658.html

A message from 2004? I doubt that's going to be very helpful.

poc