Re: [Evolution] IMAP Namespace in 3.10.4

On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 08:16 -0600, Sajan Parikh wrote:
I need to set an IMAP Path or namespace on my IMAP account.  A quick
Google shows tons of refereneces to an option titled to the effect
of "Overwrite default namespace" in Receiving Options, however that
option does not exist for me.

        Hi,
the IMAPx has the option, but it was removed from preferences. There
is also a bug report to return in back, but I cannot find it right
now. The current only way is to go to ~/.config/evolution/sources and
pick the right .source file and change there:
   [Imapx Backend]
   Namespace=your-desired-namespace-to-use
   UseNamespace=true

The default values are:
   [Imapx Backend]
   Namespace=
   UseNamespace=false

There might not be running evolution-source-registry when you'll be
editing the file, because it can overwrite it with other changes, do
not pick your changes or anything similar (it's an underlying
evolution file). Once the source registry is restarted it might pick
your change. The best to edit the file when not being logged into the
graphical environment, only in the text console (like at Ctrl+Alt+F3).
        Hope it helps,
        Milan