Re: [Evolution] Evolution performance bottleneck

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 21:06 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
Does anyone have an idea where I should look to find out why my
Evolution is now so excruciatingly slow?

I am running Evolution 3.12.7 under Gnome 3.14.1 on Opensuse 13.2
(64-bit) on my desktop computer, having moved from Opensuse 13.1.

There are 2 email accounts, one under POP (deleting all mails from the
POP server after downloading) and the other under EWS.

On starting evolution, it seems that the EWS account works as expected,
but the POP account mails are being downloaded one at a time needing
about 2-3 minutes per email. Is there a time-out somewhere that I can
tweak?

I think my evolution configuration is a little screwed up anyway. None
of the emails I delete are shown in the Wastebasket, but if I expunge
the wastebasket it is obviously cleaning up something as it needs the
appropriate time to store the folder.

Same basic setup here ... but no POP.  It has all worked very well for
me since I installed spamassassin (which doesn't get installed by
default for some reason).  Without spamassassin I would some times get a
race condition with "Unknown background operation" messages.  It seemed
to be spam-check related and installing sa *seems* to have cured it.
Maybe spam checking is holding your POP operations up.

--
N. B. Day
39.4042 North, 119.7377 East and 1389 meters up, Temp: 11.1 C