Re: [Evolution] Evolution performance bottleneck

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:16:33 -0800
N B Day <nbday fastmail fm> wrote:
Same basic setup here ... but no POP.  It has all worked very well for
me since I installed spamassassin (which doesn't get installed by
default for some reason).  Without spamassassin I would some times
get a race condition with "Unknown background operation" messages.
It seemed to be spam-check related and installing sa *seems* to have
cured it. Maybe spam checking is holding your POP operations up.

FWIW I'm using bogofilter.