Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

On 05/30/2014 12:01 PM, N B Day wrote:
On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 20:45 -0500, Jimmy Montague wrote:
Thank you, Pete Biggs. I appreciate your direction to the gizmo.
Unfortunately I see it's for versions 13, and I'm running version 14.04

So it's thanks but no thanks until they update it.

Jimmy

Please don't top post here.

Unity-tweak-tool is in the repositories for Ubuntu 14.04 (also for
14.10).  Works fine and highly recommended.  Install it with synaptic
(which gives *much more* info than the silly software centre.

I forget if synaptic comes pre-installed.  If not, open a terminal and
say "sudo apt-get install synaptic", run synaptic from the dash and
you're all set.

Here's what dpkg says about u-t-t on my 14.10 system:

pongo epicurus:~$ sudo dpkg-query -s unity-tweak-tool
Package: unity-tweak-tool
  Unity Tweak Tool is a settings manager for the Unity desktop.
  It provides users with a fast, simple and easy-to-use interface
  with which to access many useful and little known features and settings
  of the desktop environment that one may want to configure.
Homepage: https://github.com/freyja-dev/unity-tweak-tool

Have you tried Thunderbird with Ubuntu?  That's what they now recommend
using as an MUA and it is surely already installed.  You could at least
find out if your problems are related to evolution or your ISP or
whatever else.

OK, folks. I got it. No more top posting. I see why you like it that way and will not do it any more.

Jimmy