Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

On 2014-05-29 19:49, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 10:12 +0900, rost52 wrote:
Why do you write "Evolution is dying"?
It is an odd choice of a "Subject" and does not very well describe the
problem being discussed - but that is in a long Internet tradition of
vague and inflammatory e-mail subject lines.

Evolution, or some component it uses in the GNOME stack, clearly *does*
have some issues reacting elegantly with flaky servers and/or flaky
networks.  Personally I've only encountered it when my network or server
was broken [as a sys-admin I'm usually the one who broke it].  It would
be good if Evolution was a bit more graceful in how it dealt with these
issues - and that poorish handling seems to be exacerbated by something
certain LINUX distributions do to the software.
Thanks for clarification!!!
As for SW, do you know any kind of office related without a bug??? I don'!

I opened it today for the first time and was incredibly happy with
what I see. It is a great
replacement for Outlook when you go Linux.
Agree, 110%.
This makes me even feeling better because you have experience and am a newbie.

I am renagading from MS Windows due to the end of the XP support. All,
I saw so far in Linux looks
great. Evolution as a replacement for Outlook was a successfully
reached milestone.
Agree.
dito