Re: [Evolution] Feedb evolution-list gnome org, ack

On Sun, 2013-06-23 at 08:29 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I am looking for a server-centric mail client to replace evolution,
so
that I don't need to rebuild my address book, signatures, etc. every
time I use a different computer, but have not yet found one that is
acceptable.
Try gmail.

Or if you want a hosted solution that uses and supports Open Source try "fastmail.fm".

For a self hosted mail client still nothing beats Horde. Their latest versions are extremely complete and
slick.

Personally, I still get a lot of utility out of a nice fat client.  The latest versions of Evolution are
fast and stable.  The non-mail features are greatly overlooked.  I love the memo component - which supports
attachments!  all the note taking apps i've tried and i keep comming back to memos.  rather than just
storing retarded links (which get silently broken) evo actually stores the attachment, which is great.
with a compliant caldav server memos - and their attachments - can be sync'd to a server.   It's great.

Sure, that's why I had to run "killall evolution" before I could reply
to your mail written with "K-9 Mail for Android" and not with
Evolution ;). Sorry, I seldom use anything else then Evolution and it
became a PITA.