Re: [Evolution] Evolution on 64 bits Linux system

On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 23:14 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
But it does sound as though the Evo community has put uptake of Evo
quite a looong way down their list of priorities.  Are the priorities
something like this?
[...]

You seem to be confused about the difference between policy for posting
on this list, and the developers' priorities for promoting Evolution or
indeed Linux.

The whole top-posting question has *nothing* to do with the Evo
developers and nothing to do with Evo's technical architecture. It also
has nothing to do with the use of Evolution in other environments,
commercial or not. It is entirely a matter for the members of this list
to decide. If common practice in a commercial environment is to use
top-posting, there's nothing whatever in Evo to prevent that or even
make it difficult. In that sense Evo is no more restrictive than any
other email client I have seen, and is indeed more flexible than some
(I'm looking at you, Blackberry Messenger).

On the "uptake" question: most developers are doing this because they
enjoy it. Some are being paid by companies such as RedHat to do the work
we all appreciate. None of them are in marketing or commercial end-user
support. If an end-user pays for support they are entitled to certain
expectations and they can contact their provider, but as most of us
aren't paying anything we just get together and try to help each other.
Personally I simply don't care if Evo takes over the world. I use it
because I like it, that's all.

poc