Re: [Evolution] Evolution on 64 bits Linux system

On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 18:13 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Of course top-posting does make sense to the vast majority of office workers.  Generally they must have
some idea of what the question was, perhaps from the subject-line or because of who (or which list) is
responding.  Also it is possible to answer a question in such a way that gives clues about what the
question was.

I'm sorry there is this huge disconnect between potential users and the geeky places where they might
otherwise have been able to get help.  It's just another blocker that prevents normal office workers from
potentially using this office program.  If you need to increase market-share or attract or maybe convert
people then bottom-posting is one of the blockers.  Just something to mull over.  It doesn't bother me
either way, top bottom or middle is all fine with me.

Yes, office workers do tend to use top-posting. The reasons are partly
historical (read: Microsoft Outlook) and partly technical (they aren't
using properly administered mailing lists with archives).

However we aren't talking about that environment but about the usual
community standards on Internet technical mailing lists. These standards
were established long before most office workers had even heard of the
Internet, and in this community they are very unlikely to change as long
as any of us oldies are still alive.

If office workers aren't using Evo, it's for some other reason,
including the fact that most of them aren't using Linux.

poc