Re: [Evolution] IMAP mail location pointing to the evolution folder

that's all. Procmail doesn't enter into it (unless you're already
using
it of course, but note that it's been unsupported for many years).

+1. It is important to note that procmail is obsolete, you should get rid of it if you can.

I think I need to explain my current setup.
My emails are received by sendmail which hands it over to procmail
which
writes it into an mbox. I then configured Evolution for 'Local
Delivery'
i.e. it reads the mbox and write it 'into folders managed by
Evolution'. So
something like this:
Sendmail ---> Procmail --->(mbox)<---- Evolution--->(Evol Folders in
maildir format)
If I were to change to IMAP it would become like this:
Sendmail---> Procmail-->(maidir)<-----via IMAP----- Evolution

I don't think so.  Most (every?) Modern IMAP server provides a delivery agent and handles receipt [LMTP =
local mail transport protocol].  There is no reason for the MTA to diddle in the mail-store, that is nothing
but a potential source of problems.  Whatever structure the IMAP server uses itself should not matter, don't
diddle.

So are you saying that filters in Evolution can move emails to IMAP
subfolders?

Yes.

So procmail just need to write them to the main Inbox?

Get rid of procmail, regardless of what you do.

--
Adam Tauno Williams