Re: [Evolution] Slow closing Evolution...?

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 11:44 +0100, Steve T wrote:
I didn't explain the messages too well in my previous mail  so,  in
this case I received:
10:24 Issue Evolution close
10:31 Fetching mail , checking consistency and storing folder messages
10:41 As 10:31 and a new mail notification
10:45 Generating message list
10:48 Actual close down

...but the messages that do appear in the status bar do not stay. IE
between 10:24 and 10:31, the SB was simply grey and for all intents
and purposes Evolution appeared inactive. Ditto after 10:31 - the
messages appeared for a few seconds as the action presumably occurred,
and then the status bar was greyed again. Ditto 10:41  and 10:45. So
to get a backtrace when the SB shows 'Checking consistency' would be
virtually impossible as it appears for such a brief time. So at what
point during the 20 minute shutdown should I get the backtrace, or
doesn't it really matter?

        Hi,
I understood from your time schedule that Evolution is stuck with that
operation for 10 minutes. If not, like you said the activity is not in
the status bar, then no problem, just take the backtrace in the time
when it finishes the consistency checking, but doesn't want to quit
itself.

Is there anything in the 17,000 line log that I can specifically look
for?

I cannot tell as of now. Maybe search for POP3, if it's anyhow related
to POP3 account(s), though the CAMEL_DEBUG=all usage is very limited due
its verbosity. At least from my point of view.
        Bye,
        Milan