Re: [Evolution] Slow closing Evolution...?

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 11:44 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 10:18 +0100, Steve T wrote:
> ... command line with CAMEL_DEBUG=all set.
> I'm about to close down again now to see what the debug file shows

	Hi,
that log will be too full, pretty hard to read. I suggest to get the
backtrace, during the "Checking consistency", to see what it actually
tries to check. If server disconnected unexpectedly and the provider
does not count with it, then it may be the issue.
	Bye,
	Milan

Milan,
I trimmed the log to the lines added after I issued the close down, but it's still 17,000 lines. It seems to be primarily DB access and mail fetching, but it's hard to see what happened when as it's not timestamped (ie I can roughly correlate the log to the messages below, but not exactly)

I didn't explain the messages too well in my previous mail  so,  in this case I received:
10:24 Issue Evolution close
10:31 Fetching mail , checking consistency and storing folder messages
10:41 As 10:31 and a new mail notification
10:45 Generating message list
10:48 Actual close down

...but the messages that do appear in the status bar do not stay. IE between 10:24 and 10:31, the SB was simply grey and for all intents and purposes Evolution appeared inactive. Ditto after 10:31 - the messages appeared for a few seconds as the action presumably occurred, and then the status bar was greyed again. Ditto 10:41  and 10:45. So to get a backtrace when the SB shows 'Checking consistency' would be virtually impossible as it appears for such a brief time. So at what point during the 20 minute shutdown should I get the backtrace, or doesn't it really matter?

Is there anything in the 17,000 line log that I can specifically look for?

Regards,

Steve