Re: [Evolution] Moving from evolution to evolution

On 2012-07-01 07:54, MR ZenWiz wrote:
I  did File->Import and selected my old Inbox to import.  As I said,
it imported fine, but everything was marked unread and there were
almost twice as many messages as I remembered being in my inbox - over
3000.  (I know, too many, but still only 1899 should have been
unread.)

I suppose that part may be unavoidable....

Evolution doesn't actually delete messages until you do some special action (I can't remember what it is -- look through the menus and it'll be obvious). When you "delete" a message in a folder it just gets marked as deleted and not shown.

Go to "message" and hit the "view deleted messages" button to see what I mean.

So if you lost your "I've read this" marks, you probably lost the "I deleted this" marks, too.