Re: [Evolution] Improve email search and sorting

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 20:24 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
Additionally I also do not know if an index or something is used for a
search or if that is offloaded to a different program. That also should
reduce the time to search big archives, should not it.

It depends on the backing folder.  If the folder is an IMAP folder then
the search is sent to the server - performance will depend on your
server.  Cyrus IMAPd support full-text indexing and search performance
is generally excellent.  It if it a local folder.... then the search has
to be done locally;  I don't know how much Evo indexes.