Re: [Evolution] Email Search and sorting

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 14:36 -0700, Bahadir Balban wrote:
I would like to mention that searching emails in Evolution is quite
non-intuitive. Categorizing search into Subject, address, sender, body
etc. is really a non-essential feature.

Booooooogus!

(a) I believe "message contains" provides the search function you want.

(b) I do *not* want to search by "everything" since that only increases
the irrelevant crap found by a search.

 I remember a conversation I had
about X, how do I know if I used it in the subject or anywhere else? We
have a single search box in google, and we need the same in evolution.

Set your search to "message contains".

Why should I do the work for the client to categorize first, to be able
to do search?

You do the work, just like tagging a BLOG post, so you can actually find
related stuff later in the great piles of crap that accumulate.