Re: [Evolution] How to handle unsolicited e-mails with evolution 2.32.2 ?

Am Sonntag, den 27.11.2011, 09:11 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
By default it won't filter anything, as I think you now realize. It
doesn't come with a default set of spam criteria, since one person's
spam may be another person's ham. That's why you have to get it to learn
what *you* consider to be spam.
For that, I clicked almost 1000 times to "mark as spam"
DoesnÂt my checks say, that bogofilter got presented 895 spam-mails and
learned almost 40.000 suspicious words from those actions ?

bogoutil -p .bogofilter/wordlist.db thomas
displays:
spam    good    Fisher
1       0       0.991605
still wondering:
What does that above mean to me ?

Found 1 spam-mail including the word "thomas", found no good mail with
it, so with 0.991605[dimensionless somethings created by Fisher], all
mails including "thomas" are spam ???

I see
Bogofilter is not limited to personal computers. Neither is
SpamAssassin. Both are able to work on large servers handling lots of
mail, so a proper database makes sense.

--
getting on,
Thomas