Re: [Evolution] How to handle unsolicited e-mails with evolution 2.32.2 ?

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2011, 16:52 +0100 schrieb Andre Klapper:
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 10:47 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 15:00 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 23:10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 01:41 +0100, Thomas Prost wrote:
Has anyone here any of the two possible plugins working ?
Using ubuntu 11.04 seems to me that none is going to filter anything :-(

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_does_Evolution_not_automatically_filter_for_spam.3F

Or better nowadays:
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.2/mail-spam.html

Actually I would dispute that. I know the latter URL is now the official
FAQ, and it certainly looks nice, but I feel the info in the original
FAQ is currently a bit more complete, at least for this specific
Maybe, you didnÂt notice, but this was an absolute beginners question.
What I miss ? There is not a bit of a hint, how to check, if the botched
up configuration is acceptably functioning :-(

Following is not for me, I believe ...
If you feel like patching, these files are named mail-spam*.page in
http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/help/C/

Also, the new FAQ points the user
to specific SourceForge pages to install Bogofilter or SpamAssassin. Not
a good idea IMHO, as most distros already offer them via their usual
installation mechanisms.
... but nowhere the user is told how to check his installation.
Simplest: Some WARN me, not to use both, even not to check both boxes in
the evolution plugins. Your Infos say, you can check both without being
scared. ThatÂs unfriendly inconsistency of those, who call themselves
supporters - my lightweight opinion :-(((

--
Peace,
Thomas