Re: [Evolution] gconf-edit

Dear colleagues,
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 07:26 -0500, Richard wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 13:11 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 12:37 +1030, Wayne Sierke wrote:
Its the left pane with the inbox and all the sub directories that
keeep
s reverting back to the default. The RH panes seem OK.

Curious. I see the same behaviour in 2.32.1 on FreeBSD-7.3 i386/Gnome
2.32.1.

    Hi,
I'm wondering what is your window state when you run evolution. I'm
pretty much sure that you have the window maximized, and when you
restore it from the maximized state, then you get much smaller window
than it is when maximized. Am I right?

People whom are not using maximized window or their restored window is
approximately the same size as the maximized window don't see an issue
of this kind.
    Hope that helps,
    Milan

Perhaps I can shed some light on this, although I am stuck at
evo 2.12.3 as supplied by RedHat 5.6.
I found that when I saved my desktop configuration using the
gnome preferences, evolution would always come up in some
undesirable configuration.  After a bunch of inquiries on
this list, where I never did find out where config info like
window size is kept, one day I shut down evolution before
saving the configuration, logging off, and powering down.
Now I just leave it that way.  So when I start up, there
is no evolution window on screen.  Then I click the
evolution launcher button in the panel at the bottom of
the screen and evolution starts up just the way I left
it.  I shut down seldom enough that this workaround is OK
for me.
   I don't know if this is true with more recent versions;
I'd love to hear whether others have had this experience,
and if so, again whether anyone knows where this saved
desktop info is kept so it could be edited manually.
[Yes, I know it is saved in memory when gnome is running--
I tried to find and edit it from a command-line screen
with gnome shut down and never got anywhere that way either.]
   Best wishes,
George Reeke, Ph.D.
Head, Laboratory of Biological Modelling
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York, NY  10065
email:  reeke rockefeller edu