[Evolution] gconf-edit

Hi, guys,
        I really miss having the application save preferences directly, such as
moving the separation bars and having that setup saved automatically for
the next start.  I also miss being able to have the pull down menu to
set preferences rather than the really brutal gconf-editor stuff.
Additionally this gconf stuff represents a single point of failure for
applications, making Linux as brittle as Windows with no appreciable
benefit to users.

        Of course I don't know what drove this development, but I can tell you
that from a users perspective, the applications need to have preferences
setting capabilities that are clear and easily accessible.  The gconf
stuff is neither.

Regards,
Les H