Re: [Evolution] Up to date exchange-Server-Backend info requested

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 14:15 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
But I can't see any reason to continue this trend!  Why did Ubuntu ship
Evolution 2.30 with 10.10 (Maverick), which used Gnome 2.32?  And why do
they intend (if this message is correct) to ship 2.32 with 11.04
(Natty), which will, as I understand it, use Gnome 3 as the base Gnome
version?

That I don't know, perhaps over-zealous conservatism.  Obviously they're
free to ship what they want, but it does mean the bugs we get upstream
from Ubuntu users are often already obsolete, which is frustrating.

I have a hard enough time keeping track of what's been fixed since the
-most recent- stable release.

I've asked on ubuntu-devel.  I'll let report the results, if any.