Re: [Evolution] Up to date exchange-Server-Backend info requested

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 13:58 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
I don't understand this behavior on the part of Ubuntu.  I get, kind of,
that they wanted to ship with a more stable version of Evolution for
10.04 (Lucid) which was an LTS release, so they used 2.28 instead of
(the then-current) 2.30, although the rest of the Gnome desktop was 2.30
(and, IMO, 2.30 was a better/more stable version of Evo than 2.28).

It was a prudent decision for 10.04 (Lucid) since we had just finished
ripping out Bonobo and there was lots and LOTS of fresh new code in 2.30
which had not yet been widely tested.

But I can't see any reason to continue this trend!  Why did Ubuntu ship
Evolution 2.30 with 10.10 (Maverick), which used Gnome 2.32?  And why do
they intend (if this message is correct) to ship 2.32 with 11.04
(Natty), which will, as I understand it, use Gnome 3 as the base Gnome
version?

That I don't know, perhaps over-zealous conservatism.  Obviously they're
free to ship what they want, but it does mean the bugs we get upstream
from Ubuntu users are often already obsolete, which is frustrating.

I have a hard enough time keeping track of what's been fixed since the
-most recent- stable release.