Re: [Evolution] IMAP and mail filters

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 19:34 +0200, Antono Vasiljev wrote:
On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 09:54 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

As visible via logs from IMAP servers there is no DELETE command sent to
server for original message in inbox. So it's not "move" but only COPY.

Another thing, you mentioned earlier that it works with Ctrl-Y, is that
still the case?  i.e. that the message is copied and deleted if you
apply the filter manually?

Yes. It works perfectly.

Also, does moving a message by hand (i.e. not using a filter) work as
expected - i.e. the message is copied and the original message is marked
as deleted?

Yes. It works perfectly. Server stores \Deleted flag and message moved.

OK. The bottom line is this, it works for everyone else - it certainly
works properly for me and I have a mixture of server side filtering and
Evo filtering and am using Dovecot as an IMAP server.  The only
difference is that you are using 2.32.2 and I'm on 2.32.1.

There are two possibilities:

 - There's something odd in your configuration
or
 - It's a bug.

No one else has indicated here that it's a problem with 2.32.2 - and
looking at the change log there's nothing been changed with filter
handling since 2.32.1.

My advice is to file a bug and it will quickly become apparent if there
is an underlying problem in the code.

One final thought - you've never said what IMAP version in Evo you are
using - is it IMAP or IMAP+?  I'm using IMAP - I've never tried IMAP+
with Dovecot so I don't know what the difference is, all I know is IMAP
works perfectly fine for me so I'm not going to change it :-)

P.