Re: [Evolution] IMAP and mail filters

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 07:02 +0200, Antono Vasiljev wrote:
On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 23:44 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

So the problem is that evolution makes COPY instead of MOVE.

There is no MOVE operation in IMAP, only COPY and DELETE. And of course
DELETE means "mark as Deleted". That's why the message still appears to
be in the Inbox (though it should be marked as deleted).

Ok. I switched off "Show deleted messages" and I see copy of your
message in both mailing list folder and inbox. So porobably problem is
"Evolution do not deletes" "moved" messages.

It's nothing to do with Evolution.  All Evolution does is to tell the
IMAP system to COPY the message, then DELETE the original.  The DELETE
just marks the message as deleted.  Any other client does EXACTLY the
same thing, there is no other way of doing it with IMAP.  What other
clients may do at the end is to EXPUNGE the deleted messages, or just
hide those messages from view until an EXPUNGE is performed.

Expunge doesn't help :( Any advice for debugging?

In what way "doesn't help"?  Does an expunge actually remove the
messages marked as deleted?  If not, are there any error messages?

P.