Re: [Evolution] Sync'ing desktop & laptop Evolution

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 11:11 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
  I wonder why in earh they are stached there., and not in the
.evolution directory

Because the Gnome standard says that they should be stored there. (And
anything beyond 2.30 doesn't use .evolution at all)

I don't think anyone these days would defend the practice of stuffing
XML blobs into GConf, or into dconf for that matter.  It was done that
way, long ago, mainly for the convenience of change notifications.  And
over the years, so much infrastructure has been built up around that
practice that it's become very deeply ingrained in the application.
Almost as deeply as Bonobo was...