Re: [Evolution] Sync'ing desktop & laptop Evolution

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 00:11:23 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

They are in Gconf.

  I wonder why in earh they are stached there., and not in the
.evolution directory (as e.g. Pan does in the .pan directory).

Evo was never designed to be cloned or synced in this way (or any
other),

  I beg to differ with the "any other way ", Pete!
Yesterday I tried the Backup/Restore functions and found they worked
beautifully, and are so well designed and integrated.
  It took just a few seconds to create a backup and then restore that
into a trial installation of Evo on an other machine as a clone, which
is precisely what I had been looking for, to allow me to clone to the
laptop for a trip (and then clone back afterwards).
  Because pf that I am now sold on Evolution, despite having to put up
with the Mbox way of life.

--
/\/\aurice