[Evolution] Sync'ing desktop & laptop Evolution

I'm running Evolution (2.30.3) on my desktop, and want to be able to
sync this with Evolution on the laptop (for use when away from base).

Can this be done simply by copying ~/.evolution from one to the other?
(This is what I do with the Pan newsreader and its ~/.pan directory.)

Currently the laptop doesn't have Evolution installed, so the question
there is: Should the desktop ~/.evolution by copied over to laptop
first, before installation of Evolution, or after?

When subsequently copying back the ~/.evolution from laptop to desktop,
should /usr/lib/evolution/2.30/killev be run first (on both?)?

--
/\/\aurice
        (Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649