Re: [Evolution] Deadly Upgrade

On 29 November 2010 10:42, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
One thing that struck me this morning was how often is a major version
upgrade of Evo done without the underlying Gnome upgrade - or indeed
with out the underlying distro version upgrade?  Is this 2.30 -> 2.32
upgrade of Evo within the normal Ubuntu updates or is it something
"special"?  (I wouldn't know, I only ever use Fedora.)

No, Ubuntu hasn't upgraded Evolution in any stable release, and
probably never will. Actually, he explicitly stated that he installed
from some personal package archive, but he never said which. I'm
confident that a normal upgrade from Maverick to Natty would've taken
this into account and made sure it worked correctly.

I was glad to see that Evolution has moved its data into
~/.local/share/evolution as per XDG Base Directory specification. Is
this a sign that GNOME and Evolution will move its configuration into
~/.config as well? That would be really nice, I think.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad