Re: [Evolution] Deadly Upgrade

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 22:48 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
Evolution 2.30 in Ubuntu (10.04) doesn't save its stuff in
~/.local/share/evolution, but in ~/evolution. I don't know if other
things than the location of data has changed. The safest way to get
your data back, would probably be to load Evolution 2.30 (from a
bootable memory stick, for instance) and export your data in
Evolution. Then you can import it in 2.32.

You can also try to just copy the ~/.evolution folder to
~/.local/share/evolution and see if that works. I don't _think_ it
would do any harm.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Thanks Jo-Erlend. I tried that and to no avail. I've lost all of my
data, though its in database files somewhere. This is absolutely
horrible and I can't believe it didn't check at startup for data that
needs to be migrated to a new location.

Kip