Re: [Evolution] Schedule a filter?

Reid and Martin,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

I have a new question at the bottom.  Where are Search Folders created?
It doesn't show up under the Search Folders section.

Yes, I am asking for a scheduler for Evolution.  Are you sure none of
the other email apps provide such a thing?  I sure thought I've been
able to do that on GroupWise long ago and Outlook in the past.  Perhaps
I am asking for too much.

I suppose my problem is my email space is very limited at my new company
compared to the amount of automated mail coming in.  That's why I'd like
to purge mail after a couple of days.  But your tools require me to do
that MANUALLY.

Yes, Reid,the filters seem to work fine when applied manually.  That's
not what I'm asking for.  At first I assumed that filters would work on
incoming mail by default once I set them up.  When they didn't, I looked
at Preferences and did not see anything about filters or incoming mail.
Later someone told me they were placed under Mail Accounts.  That seems
a very odd place to me.  Why not bring Filter Settings out to the main
Preferences menu?

So now I have filters that work on incoming mail.  The problem is, that
you correctly enable nifty features to delete mail that is of some age.
But these are useless on incoming mail by definition.  And they cannot
be scheduled to occur, and they do not work AUTOMATICALLY by themselves.
Therefore, they have to be APPLIED MANUALLY, one folder at a time.

That is the frustration.

I create a Search Folder to show me everything so that I can select all
just once and Message->Apply Filters (followed by a manual empty trash,
since the filter can delete but not empty -- another shortcoming).  But
it does not show up under Search Folders nor my other two areas.  It
exists because I cannot create a new one by the same name.

So where do I find a new Search Folder I just created?

Thanks,

Brad