Re: [Evolution] Schedule a filter?

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 10:29 -0600, Brad Doty wrote:
Reid and Martin,
Thanks for your prompt replies.
I have a new question at the bottom.  Where are Search Folders created?
It doesn't show up under the Search Folders section.
Yes, I am asking for a scheduler for Evolution.  Are you sure none of
the other email apps provide such a thing?

I'm sure - if any of them did I'd be using them.

I sure thought I've been
able to do that on GroupWise long ago and Outlook in the past.  Perhaps
I am asking for too much.

I'd suspect that Groupwise (server side) provides a schedular service
for users  [I might even look it up as I'm currently building a
schedular service for OpenGroupware].

I suppose my problem is my email space is very limited at my new company
compared to the amount of automated mail coming in.  That's why I'd like
to purge mail after a couple of days.  But your tools require me to do
that MANUALLY.

Are you using an IMAP server?  Perhaps you can set an expire value on a
folder and then filter messages into that folder.  This is possible with
Cyrus IMAPd via a folder annotation.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>